1. Shit happens. Do whatever it takes to get the job done.
2. Always carry a spare tire.
3. Fights will happen but remember why you are here and how luck you have it. You could be working behind a desk under soul-sucking fluorescent lights.
4. When fighting, don’t make it personal unless the greater cause is at stake and the fuck-up needs to be put in his/her place. Other than that, refer to #3.
5. Always carry a spare gas can for good luck. If you have it, you won’t need it and if you leave it, you’ll be stranded.
6. GPS lies. Pay attention to signs, intuition and if in a jam, you can always ask a local.
7. Play more Tetris, it will help when loading/unloading all the gear, merch and half dozen guitars you just HAVE to bring along.
8. 10 minutes of space away from everyone else will spare you 10 fights down the line.
9. Eat whenever possible because you never know where your next meal will come from or when it will be.
10. Don’t forget to bring a towel.
11. Always search your hotel room. Apparently Sting’s bus driver stashes his drugs in the different hotels he knows he’ll be returning to while on the road. According to reliable sources, it’s not just him.